Plan of Study
Completing a Plan of Study form allows you to plan your courses to make sure you meet all the degree requirements. As you complete the form, please refer to the following information:
- All degree requirements must be letter graded (A-E) courses except for the “total credits” and “optional” degree requirements.
- Technical courses are engineering, math, statistics, and science courses.
- Entrepreneurship courses and AERO 585 are not technical courses.
- The following course may not be counted for any degree requirements:
- Math 404, 417, 425, 448 450 or their cross-listed classes
- CPT credit (Rack 998)
- ELI courses
- Courses with number 990, 995 or other course with “doctoral,” “dissertation,” or “preliminary” in the title
MS to PhD
Current ECE MS students interested in the ECE PhD program must apply by following the Rackham application process. Such students are strongly encouraged to get involved in research with an EECS faculty member prior to the application. Current MS students who apply to the PhD program without having first formed a research relationship with a potential PhD advisor are rarely admitted. If admitted, students will have the same opportunities and program requirements as any other student entering with a relevant master’s degree.