International students enrolled in an ECE Graduate Program may register for CPT (RACK 998) during the spring/summer term. Usually students conduct the internship in the spring/summer, but register for RACK 998 in the preceding winter term.
- Graduate students must enroll full-time each fall and winter semester.
- Students may not engage in CPT in lieu of full-time enrollment.
- CPT will not be allowed in the student’s final term unless the student needs to register for other courses that are required for the completion of the academic program.
- All ECE Grad students are in RACKHAM programs, NOT CoE Masters of Engineering
- ENGR 400, managed by ECRC, is for domestic, undergraduate students ONLY.
- ENGR 600 is for Masters of Engineering students ONLY.
ECE Instructions for CPT:
- To apply for RACKHAM 998, you must:
1. Attend one in-person CoE Internship/Co-op Seminar (see Engineering Careers, by Symplicity for Seminar times).
2. Complete ECRC CoE Rackham 998 Paperwork
3. Your Academic/Faculty Advisor Recommendation Form must be signed by your Graduate Program and the ECRC. You may bring the Form to the in-person CoE Internship/Co-op Seminar or drop it off at the ECRC office for the ECRC Advisor signature on page 2.
4. Write Initial Essay (details provided during the Seminar and in the Syllabus; submit with application materials).
5. Complete the application in Engineering Careers, by Symplicity and upload the following documents:
- Offer Letter from the employer that includes:
- Job Title
- Assignment Details including job responsibilities and location
- Number of hours per week
- Start/End Dates
- Academic/Faculty Advisor Recommendation Form
- Initial Essay (see syllabus for details)
You will not be enrolled in RACKHAM 998 until you have attended the required in-person Seminar, have submitted all of the requirements listed above via Engineering Careers, by Symplicity, and your application is approved by the ECRC. Incomplete registration or missing documents will delay your enrollment into RACKHAM 998.
Once approved, the ECRC will enroll you in RACKHAM 998-002 for the Winter 2020 term. RACKHAM 998 is 1 credit and you will be charged accordingly. This 1 credit course does not count toward your graduation credits. If your CPT is rejected by the International Center, it is your responsibility to withdraw from the course. If your internship plans change, you must inform the ECRC and the International Center.
CPT will require a midterm and final essay. Failure to complete mid term and/or final essay could result in Unsatisfactory grade.