ECE T-Shirt Design Contest 2022
This event is free and open to the publicAdd to Google Calendar
Current students, faculty and staff can submit designs. All students, faculty, and staff will be able to vote for their favorite design. The design with the most votes will win the 3rd ECE T-Shirt Design Contest. The shirt will be available for purchase a few weeks after the winner is announced.
Receive a free shirt with your winning design!
- Designers can decide to use the ECE logo if desired. All designs must be large and high-resolution enough to print.
- The designer must submit their own original artwork only.
- Designers are allowed to utilize up to 3 colors in their designs.
- Designs can be both front and back as well.
Please select the t-shirt color out of the following:
- Maize (Yellow Gold Triblend)
- Navy (Navy Triblend)
- White (Solid White Triblend)
- Black (Black Heather Triblend)
- Gray (Athletic Grey Triblend)
Please incorporate all of the following in your design:
- ECE or Electrical & Computer Engineering
- M, UM, or University of Michigan
Don’t forget to be creative!
T-shirt designs must be submitted by 11:59pm ET on 9/16/21 to email@example.com. Please use “ECE T-Shirt Contest Design Submission” as your subject line.
Submission Format: Please email your design as a transparent PNG file for purposes of judging. If your design wins, please be prepared to send your design in Vector format. If you need assistance with formatting your design to a vector file, please contact Silvia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adobe Illustrator: You can visit this link here, which gives you free access to the adobe suite. To make graphics you will want to use Adobe Illustrator (Ai). If you have a tablet, this is a great tool that easily lets you draw through the program. Adobe Illustrator allows you to save your design as a vector file, which means that the graphic can be as big or as small as possible without getting the graphic pixelated. One drawback to Adobe Illustrator, is that it is a very complex program, so it might take a little bit of time to get the hang of it, but once you learn how to use it, it is AMAZING!
- Hand drawn: If you like to hand draw graphics, you can do so on a larger piece of paper (8×10 or larger) and then scan the image and send it to Silvia. I can pop it into Adobe Illustrator and have it into a vector file. If you decide to go this route, please use a sharpie or a thicker marker for your line work and not a pen or pencil.
- Other Programs: You’re welcome to use any program to create graphics. If you have drawn it digitally, Silvia can easily pop that into a vector file as well.
Once submitted, all designs become the property of the ECE Department.
- 8/29/22 – Contest Begins
- 9/16/22 –11:59pm Last Day to Submit Art
- 9/19/22 – Voting Begins
- 9/21/22 – 5pm Voting Ends
- 9/23/22 – Winner is Revealed
The winning shirt design will be sent for printing, and purchasing options will be made available with timelines of when the shirts will arrive. This information will be sent to you as soon as it is available.