Vision, Mission, and Values
To exemplify the highest levels of creative innovation in education and research, working collaboratively to protect and enhance the public good.
The mission of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Michigan is to pursue the discovery, communication, education, and application of fundamental and applied principles of electrical and computer engineering, and to integrate these principles with other engineering, scientific, and medical domains to provide the greatest possible benefit to society.
In pursuing its vision and mission, ECE at Michigan will:
- Pursue innovation in education and research to meet the changing needs of our students and society
- Emphasize creativity in education, research, and problem solving
- Promote and foster equity, diversity, and inclusion for all people in our teaching, research, and service to the community
- Strive for excellence in all that we do, practice the highest standards of professional ethics in advancing knowledge and technology, and do so with an awareness of environmental and social impact
- Bring a spirit of collaboration and partnership to every level of interaction
- Serve the university, the state, the nation, and the world by sharing our unique talents
- Prioritize professional growth of faculty, students, and staff to inspire lifelong learning
ECE Faculty Code of Conduct
The ECE department prides itself on providing world-class researchers and educators an environment of excellence in which to thrive and conduct innovative scholarly pursuits. We maintain a high bar for our conduct, integrity, and achievement. The ECE Faculty Code of Conduct defines a baseline of conduct that meets this high standard.