Home > People > Honors and Awards > Excellence in ECE Honor Roll
Excellence in ECE Honor Roll
The Excellence in ECE Honor Roll recognizes students who’ve gone above and beyond in service to the ECE department through their contributions to department-specific events and programming designed to foster an inclusive, supportive community for all.
Every year, the ECE department will publish the list of Honor Roll inductees as a featured story on our website and social media. We encourage you to list this recognition on your résumé/CV/LinkedIn.
- All contributions done between May 1st, 2021 and April 30th, 2022
- Events/programming run by the ECE Department. (See examples below)
- Activity done on behalf of an organization if the event is still run by the ECE department. For example, serving as a panelist on behalf of GOSTEM for ECE’s Spirit Day luncheon
- NOTE: We recognize many students may also be supporting ECE’s values through work done for student organizations, the college/university, non-University of Michigan organizations, as well as informal activities such as private mentorship of ECE students. You may submit these activities for potential consideration
- Participating in DEI strategic meetings (e.g., speaking with staff/faculty about recruitment, culture, etc.)
- Contributing to DEI-focused articles/promotional material (e.g., feature stories on Black Lives Matter or Women in Tech, etc.)
- Planning/organizing department events (Juneteenth, Spirit Day, Lunar New Year, ECE Culture Club, etc.)
- Being an active participant in an event (speaking as a panelist, leading discussions, hosting a Culture Club session, manning stations/tables, etc.)
Events/Activities ineligible for consideration
This honor roll is for volunteer activities only.
- Service performed for monetary compensation is not eligible (i.e., work done for Electrify Tech Camps)
- ECE Ambassadors can count their service EITHER for this award OR for the ambassadors program, NOT BOTH
How to apply
- For each completed activity, fill out this form. You may submit as many activities as you like. Submissions will be compiled for each nominee
- You may submit activity on behalf of yourself or a peer
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: May 8th, 2022