Excellence in ECE Honor Roll
The Excellence in ECE Honor Roll recognizes students who’ve gone above and beyond in service to the ECE department through their contributions to department-specific events and programming designed to foster an inclusive, supportive community for all.
Every year, the ECE department will publish the list of Honor Roll inductees as a featured story on our website and social media. We encourage you to list this recognition on your résumé/CV/LinkedIn.
- All contributions done between May 1st, 2020 and April 30th, 2021
- Events/programming run by the ECE Department. (See examples below)
- Activity done on behalf of an organization if the event is still run by the ECE department. For example, serving as a panelist on behalf of GOSTEM for ECE’s Spirit Day luncheon
- NOTE: We recognize many students may also be supporting ECE’s values through work done for student organizations or the college/university, as well as non-University of Michigan organizations. You may submit these activities for potential consideration
- Participating in DEI strategic meetings (e.g., speaking with staff/faculty about recruitment, culture, etc.)
- Contributing to DEI-focused articles/promotional material (e.g., feature stories on Black Lives Matter or Women in Tech, etc.)
- Planning/organizing department events (Juneteenth, Spirit Day, Lunar New Year, ECE Culture Club, etc.)
- Being an active participant in an event (speaking as a panelist, leading discussions, hosting a Culture Club session, manning stations/tables, etc.)
Events/Activities ineligible for consideration
This honor roll is for volunteer activities only.
- Service performed for monetary compensation is not eligible (i.e., work done for Electrify Tech Camps)
- ECE Ambassadors can count their service EITHER for this award OR for the ambassadors program, NOT BOTH
How to apply
- For each completed activity, fill out this form. You may submit as many activities as you like. Submissions will be compiled for each nominee
- Alternatively, you may email ONE spreadsheet per nominee listing all required information (see form above) to Hayley Hanway (email@example.com)
- You may submit activity on behalf of yourself or a peer
- DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: May 8th, 2021
Please contact Hayley Hanway (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.