Other Event | Student Event
The Bit Player: Claude Shannon
Add to Google Calendar
Join us for a fun and informative EECS community-building event! The Department has partnered with the Michigan Theater to offer our undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff a night out at the Michigan Theater at a special low price. The movie, “The Bit Player,” will also be open to the general public.
The film highlights the contributions of U-M alumnus Claude Shannon (BSE EE and Math, 1936), who introduced the notion of a “bit” and laid the foundation for the information age. Shannon’s ideas continue to ripple through nearly every aspect of modern life, influencing such diverse fields as communication, computing, cryptography, neuroscience, artificial intelligence, cosmology, linguistics, and genetics.
- 2808 Beyster Building, EECS undergraduate advising office
- 3909 Beyster Building, CSE graduate programs office
- 3820 Beyster Building, office of Yolonda Coleman/Tyler Richardson
- 3415 EECS Building, EECS undergraduate advising office
- 3403-3404 EECS Building, ECE graduate advising offices
- 3406 EECS Building, office of Amy Wicklund