ECE Undergraduate Advising Office
All ECE Undergraduate Advising Office advising appointments will take place remotely until further notice. To schedule an appointment for academic advising with one of our faculty advisors, please visit our appointment scheduler:
For ECE undergraduate advising questions, there are several ways you can contact us:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 734-763-2305. Please leave a message including your UMID and the best number to reach you.
Forms for EE and CE students
- To request a course permission click here >
- To request a letter from the ECE Undergraduate Advising Office, click here >
- To request a skills verification document click here >
- EECS 399 Directed Study/Independent Research Form >
- EECS 499 Directed Study/Independent Research Form >
- To request an advisor signature on an Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) form, click here for the form, fill out your portion, and then email it to email@example.com
- To request an advisor signature on a Co-Op Degree Form, click here for the form, fill out your portion, and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Advisors are current students in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering who can assist with choosing courses, registering for classes, and interpreting the policies and procedures. As students, ECE Peer Advisors have a personal insight into life at U of M. They can answer questions about classes, professors, student organizations, research, and campus life in general.
Winter 2021 peer advisors are available on the following days (except for Well-Being Breaks on February 24th and March 23rd):
- Monday 11:00am-1:00pm (w/ Tyler) and 1:00-4:00pm (w/ Maggie Cooney)
- Tuesday 9:00am-1:00pm (w/ Maggie Chen) and 1:00-4:00pm (w/ Tyler)
- Wednesday 1:00-4:00pm (w/ Maggie Cooney)
- Thursday 11:00am-1:00pm (w/ Tyler) and 1:00-3:00pm (w/ Maggie Chen)
- Friday 10:00am-12:00pm (w/ Maggie Chen) and 12:00-3:00pm (w/ Maggie Cooney)
Join our walk-in peer advising queue by clicking here
Hello, my name is Maggie Cooney, and I am a senior studying electrical engineering. My specialization is mostly in control systems and digital signal processing, but I’ve taken classes in optics and power systems as well. On campus, I am the electrical subteam lead for BLUElab Woven Wind, a project team that builds small-scale wind turbines, an active member of Women in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and an ECE Ambassador. In addition, I am an undergraduate researcher in the Radiological Health Engineering Lab where I work on nuclear electronics and algorithms. After graduation, I am planning to go to law school (hopefully somewhere out east) and work in patent law.
Hi, my name is Maggie Chen and I am an ECE SUGS graduate student. I graduated with a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in Winter 2020, and am continuing with my Masters in IC/VLSI. On campus, I am part of the Tau Beta Pi engineering society and participate in an engineering team called M-STARX. Throughout my undergraduate studies, I was involved with research, peer tutoring, teaching, and a variety of courses in EECS. My goal for the future is to work with microelectronics, preferably focusing on tackling the modern issues like power consumption or circuit complexity.
Hi, my name is Tyler Kojak and I am currently a junior studying Computer Engineering with a minor in Mathematics. Here at Michigan, I am a part of the College of Engineering’s Honors Program and a member of the project team, MROVER. Outside of engineering, I am also the Fundraising Director for our campus chapter of Habitat for Humanity as well as a Student Ambassador for the Office of Admissions. Although I have taken courses covering most of the Hardware/Software spectrum, I plan to focus my studies on Embedded Systems and in the future use this knowledge to design devices that will drive the future of human safety and accessibility.
Electrical Engineering (EE)
EE Chief Program Advisor:
Computer Engineering (CE)
CE Chief Program Advisor:
Advising Office Staff
ECE Advising Coordinator
Hanna Swift Bird
ECE Student Services Assistant