Home > Academics > Course Information > Course Descriptions > EECS 632
EECS 632: Radar Remote Sensing
Instructor: Professor Fawwaz Ulaby
Radar scattering by man-made and natural objects, radar system design, synthetic-aperture radar, radar altimeters, applications of radar remote sensing to oceanography, meteorology, hydrology, and ecology.
Microwave Radar and Radiometric Remote Sensing, Fawwaz Ulaby and David Long, UM Press, 2014.
- Chapter 5: Radar Scattering
- Chapter 10: Surface-Scattering Models and Land Observations
- Chapter 11: Volume-Scattering Models and Land Observations
- Chapter 13: Radar Measurements and Scatterometers
- Chapter 14: Real- and Synthetic-Aperture Side-Looking Airborne Radar
- Chapter 15: Interferometric SAR
- Chapter 16: Radar Remote Sensing of the Ocean
- Chapter 17: Spaceborne Altimetry