ECE is located in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) building at
1301 Beal Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI
Building and Campus Maps
- EECS Building Map (pdf) >
- U-M North Campus Map with building identifications (pdf) >
- Maps, Directions, & Transportation information for all U-M campuses >
The nearest airport is the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (28 miles away). You can also fly into the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport (100 miles away), or the Gerald R. Ford International Airport (124 miles away).
If you are driving from Detroit Metro Airport, the distance is 28 miles and will take approximately 40 minutes, depending on traffic/construction.
- Take highway I-94 West to exit 180 (18.5 mi) for Highway US-23 North
- Take US-23 North to exit 41 (5.8 mi), Plymouth Road
- Take Plymouth Rd. West to Murfin Road (1.7 mi)
- Turn left onto Murfin Rd. to public parking lot (0.6 mi) at the Pierpont Commons (which is on the corner of Murfin and Bonisteel Blvd).
- The EECS Building, home to most faculty in the division of Electrical and Computer Engineering, is on the far side of the bell tower.
Please refer to the North Campus Parking map below for parking locations on North Campus. Visitors without parking passes may only park in the RED marked lots (NC 5, NC 10, NC 16, NC 26, NC 27, NC 34, NC 40, NC 43, NC 44, NC 48, NC 63, NC 84, NC 92, NC 99, NC 105). You are able to pay by credit card.
There is a drive with 15 minute parking in front of the Lurie Engineering Center. Please don’t park in the Blue Parking lot near the building unless you have already received a parking permit or you will get a ticket.
PLEASE NOTE: Parking is extremely limited, especially during working hours (8am – 5pm M-F). We recommend that you arrive early to give yourself time to find a spot. If you want to avoid the hassle, you can park on Central Campus and take the bus to North, or you can take a can/lyft/uber.
Additional information is available from U-M Parking and Transportation Services.
Directions to the Main ECE Offices
The main offices for ECE are on the third floor of the EECS building. There are a variety of entrances into the buidling. Once in the EECS building, head to the center of the atrium to the elevators.
Take the elevators to the third floor, and exit left.
The first left will take you to the Undergraduate Office. Otherwise, head straight down the hallway, and then take a left at the end of the hallway. A suite of offices will be on your right where you will find the Chair’s Office, administrative offices, and at the other end of the suite, the Graduate Offices.
Getting Around Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor is a highly walkable and bikeable city. However, it can be best to take a U-M bus when traveling between North and Central campuses or, if driving yourself, to take advantage of visitor parking spaces. U-M buses run frequently and can be ridden at no cost.